Five steps to good skin
Other than your genes, there are steps that you can take to achieve and maintain a healthy looking skin; below are the five steps, I live by that you can adopt in pursuit of good skin.
- Wash your hand with soap before you touch your face at all times. Dirty hands equal a potential spread of pimple causing bacteria.
- Unless you are blessed with really good skin, buying products from skin care clinics or from brands that offer skin analysis before your initial purchase is a good investment. Such clinics/ brands also tend to be accountable, which is important should you ever find the products you purchased unsatisfactory. I can vouch for Placecol being one of the skin care clinics with great after-sales service.
- If even with a healthy diet and good skin care routine your skin is still rebellious, call out the big guns. Sometimes getting your hormones under control with a good birth control pill prescribed by your doctor can be the permit you need to better skin. Should that fail, your GP may recommend a Dermatologist to get you sorted once and for all. I have friends that went this route with amazing results.
- Quality make-up must be accompanied with a quality make-up remover. No point having a carriage when you have no horse, to do so is a recipe to a bad end.
- Never ever, even under intense peer pressure, share your make-up tools. Consider your powder and lip gloss brush your toothbrush. This is a no go area that cannot be negotiated unless you happen to like sharing your toothbrush. Then, by all means, let me talk to your hand.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and I gave you five.
With love and respect,